Legion of Dragons - You Win or You Die
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheduled Alliance Challenges?

2 posters

Go down

Do you think we should have scheduled Alliance Challenges?

Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_lcap80%Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]
Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_lcap10%Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_lcap0%Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_lcap0%Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_lcap10%Scheduled Alliance Challenges? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Scheduled Alliance Challenges? Empty Scheduled Alliance Challenges?

Post by Draconis Vex Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:55 pm

We have many people from many different time-zones in our alliance and as such this has been a recurring issue for a while now, so I thought it best just to let everyone decide. Once we've reached a decision or enough people have voted on this we will pick a time (or day) that's as fair and as beneficial to everyone as it can be.

Hopefully this will help solve the issue of so many members contributing a lot of resources and barely getting a chance to hit the challenge or even sometimes not getting to hit it at all. Please, everyone, this is an issue that involves us all and we ALL should put a vote in for this.

*Note: This does not include Event Alliance Challenges because they are only available for a limited time and need to be started once resources are filled. Otherwise we may not have to complete or repeat them.

Vote or Die lol! , Draconis Vex
Draconis Vex
Draconis Vex
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Character : Draconis Vex

https://legionofdragons.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Alliance Challenges? Empty Re: Scheduled Alliance Challenges?

Post by Lord Hornwood Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:22 am

Just a thought, Have you thought about starting a closed group on facebook, it would be by invite only, and you could post challenges on there, and keep people updated, and you could use the group to open up a group chat while in game, and not have to go to alliance to have conversations with people, I have used it in other games i have played and it works very well
Lord Hornwood
Lord Hornwood
Smallfolk

Character : Quenten Hornwood

http://jwjerry9@Gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Draconis Vex Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:47 pm

Lord Hornwood wrote:Just a thought, Have you thought about starting a closed group on facebook, it would be by invite only, and you could post challenges on there, and keep people updated, and you could use the group to open up a group chat while in game, and not have to go to alliance to have conversations with people, I have used it in other games i have played and it works very well

I'm not really a fan of Facebook but I have thought of biting the bullet and just making a Facebook group as people have suggested, but if it's just for the chat, then I could add  the chat function to the forum. The forum has a chat module I just haven't activated yet because I thought it may promote more posting so people would work up the cool chat ranks I made and because we don't really have a lot of people on the forum yet to use the chat-box.

There is also global announcements and scrolling marque announcements that we can use to set challenge times as well as setting the challenges based on the forums time so people will always have an exactitude of when to join/open challenges, but that would require our people to actually come to the forum. lol
Draconis Vex
Draconis Vex
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hornwood Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:26 am

The Facebook chat you could have open while in game and would be to the left of the screen , but it was just a thought.
Lord Hornwood
Lord Hornwood
Smallfolk

Character : Quenten Hornwood

http://jwjerry9@Gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Draconis Vex Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:18 pm

Yea also true, but that would only be for the people who play on Facebook. Everyone doesn't play the game from Facebook. Kongregate also has it's own chat but it only works for the people playing from Kongregate. I know quite a few people in the alliance who don't use facebook at all and they'd be completely excluded. Plus chat isn't permanent like the posting of a forum. No matter where our members are playing from they will see the forum and can come here to instantly join without invitation and having to be accepted before viewing.

Plus the point is that we need a secluded place that can accomplish all the needs of the alliance such as strategizing, providing guides, giving out announcements/updates all of which need to be done with something other than a chat. But I still agree about the Facebook group, and I'm still considering making one because even though I personally don't like Facebook, I get the convenience of having one especially since so many people use it that it would help draw more attention to the forum.

Also, the reason I chose this place to make our forum hidden away in a little pocket of the internet is because I noticed a number of other alliances on GoT:A use this place to make hidden little forums and I figured I could easily outdo them since I spent alot of time as a programmer. Those alliances have both a forum and a facebook group page so I think I probably will end up doing one as well. I just wanted to make sure the forum succeded first. Thnaks for your suggestions and sorry I was so long winded in this response lol
Draconis Vex
Draconis Vex
Dragon Lord
Dragon Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down